Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Bleached Chairs Part II & A Teaser or Two

Thom Filicia for Calico Corner


I went "surfing" last night for fabric to give the Bleached Chips seat covers a little lift while keeping the flava' of the new finish & style. While I love the drop cloth I may hand paint it, I needed some ideas of what colors to try. I am going to sell these chairs so not sure I need bother but while they are hanging around they need some life.  I am way out of my comfort zone on this one but have found some ideas I think may work.....
Charlotte Moss for Calico Corners

Tranquility Collection Calico Corners

In the school of blogger tips I read somewhere "be careful showing "before' pictures coz blog readers only like pretty pictures. Oh well for those who need more on bleaching results here are some not so pretty pictures.... This is just a teaser on the dining set we did; more later.

French Style Shell Chairs Before

Midway to becoming an "After"
Bobby Renfro; furniture re finisher extraordinaire, will post a You Tube soon on his process.

In the mean time I am jonesing for some color & here is a little piece he did for me that makes me happy & def gets me back to my comfort zone. Excuse the location as it is sitting in the cellar waiting it's new home.

Emerald Green Lacquered Secretary



We mixed the emerald green lacquer to go with this yummy fabric from Schumacher.

Nanjing Jade
Later....

4 comments:

  1. Am wild for the secretary and you can't beat a green toile. Just something about it... Can't wait to see the room.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THX! It is so cute! I just bought another beat up one to lacquer. Working on a color combo.

      Delete
  2. Whoa. Seriously DYING. That secretary is INCREDIBLE!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx! $65 diamond in the rough. We have been busy getting some oldies but goodies all "lacquered up." Thinking of calling them Plagiarized Pulitzers;)

      Delete

Thx for stopping by ~ Come on tawk to me..... let it all out!