Sunday, March 17, 2013

Quickie Post ~ More Before/After


I have had such fun finding pieces to reinvent for my renovated home. The house I bought was over 60 years old so went on the hunt for older furnishing to adorn the inside. Sorta' got carried away...... way fun!


This chair just arrived Friday & it makes me so happy I just want to curl up on the floor & sleep next to it. Dana Gibson fabric is stinking bodacious ~  Dana changed the green to customize it to work with the other fabrics in this room; she is great that way. More to come in this room but for now I am lusting after this chair like Antony was with Cleopatra.... See the $10 Before below; to think no one wanted it...


I love me a channel back. Below is the inspiration for the above ReUp.





Above was two chairs; one with a broken arm. I only had room for one chair so Bobby Renfro made an ottoman out of the broken one. Fun fabric ~ Robert Allen Lattice Bamboo - other great color choices.






The Ming chair is the bomb. Before ~ Poor thing... had a broken arm & nobody wanted it. Lucky for me Bobby Renfro is a magician! Design Legacy Taj Mahal fabric rocks the cushion.




I fell in love with this settee below & loved the fabric but it was tired & needed to go but boy howdy it was cool! These are on casters so they do double duty as a two- seater or push apart for 2 separate chairs, I know, right? Above fabric is Covington's Wilmington which also comes in a pretty blue & white.


There is more & honestly there are some I never got Befores of which stinks, I know.... will show those soon!



Lov'n the light fixture over the dining table. I saw the light below hanging in a dress shop walking in downtown Smithfield, NC en-route to the Ava Gardner Festival. I was looking for something a little edgy that would create a little tension in the room, you know, give 'em something to tawk about as Dorothy Draper would say. Luckily the owner of the shop was @ the festival & hooked me up. Small towns are fun that way. I went with the lotus version with a more upturned style. The green chairs are an estate find & slatted for a little ReUp. Reveal coming soon.




Cheerio!

15 comments:

  1. OMG!! So much goodness!!! The Ming chair and settee are my favs but love them all!! I need to see more of your fab home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well Hey There Blue Hydrangea, I love Nikko Blues! Thx for reading. This project is def a "work in progress" and will post more soon!

      Delete
  2. Love it Paige! I think my faves are the green dining chairs - can't wait to see them again. How was the Ava Gardner festival?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such a fun time! I must do a post on it. I collect Ava's china Minton Cockatrice, def need to post!

      Delete
  3. WOW! They are all so good! What a clever idea to make an ottoman out of a broken chair. I seriously love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is amazing - cannot get over the bamboo chair and love that they made an ottoman out of the broken one - great fabric!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is an amazing transformation; the before fabric was a yucky "Polly Ester" that you wouldn't even want to touch. Yikes! THX!

      Delete
  5. So much color! Absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These chairs are all AMAZING!! Some women have a shoe fetish... I have a chair fetish! I seriously cannot resist a fabulous chair, and I love all of these!

    XOXO,
    The Glam Pad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too ~ I am a fool for chair pairs! THX for the kind words!

      Delete
  7. I think all the mags should be duking it out over who gets to shoot your house. I love everything you've done!! Seriously, I wouldn't even want to leave for work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HA! It is still such a WIP - work in progress.... Not to mention I need some PP fabric! Love, love, love Linda's!!!

      Delete
  8. Holy makeover.....unbelievable! I love everyone of those pieces girl!

    ReplyDelete

Thx for stopping by ~ Come on tawk to me..... let it all out!