Wednesday, July 30, 2014

NC Farmers Market and Flash Flood Alert


I adore the NC Farmer's Market in Raleigh. Here is a sampling of goodies from a recent trip. Zinnias & dahlias are 2 of my favorite flowers  & these are just spectacular! The fruit went into a cobbler which I promise to post more on soon. If you are ever in the Triangle get on over to "Raw"leigh and check out our State Farmers Market.




Getting ready for my monthly Gossip Porch Club meeting with all the flowers. Dahlias & Cocks Comb looked quite festive in the living room.



Cocks Comb & Roses say Welcome!


The Gomphrena went on the porch along with zinnias.





Gorgeous Zinnias were happy in the den.




The porch was all tricked out for our club meeting.  Flamingo pink faux bamboo tables are from Stuff Vintage.


Treat yourself today to some of summer's lovelies!


Here is the view from the gossip porch on a normal summer day...




Here is the yard last week during the "flash flood" alert. I don't know about you but I can never keep "warning" and "watch" straight when the severe weather alarm goes off on the phone.... Either way it was a wicked washout!  Seriously it looked like the Mississippi River flowing by logs & all. Pulled out the cane poles but we were not able to catch dinner..... where is Huck Finn when you need him...... next time.


Moral of this story.... keep your galoshes close by & when they say "watch" that means Watch Out!

12 comments:

  1. Those flowers are stunning and I feel your pain I had a flash flood moment a few months ago.. very scary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was surreal! Road washed out but good news is I sit pretty high up.

      Delete
  2. Wow, that is scary. Love the flowers but those floods....stay put!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gossip Porch Club? May I join? These blooms + your house is just perfection!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We can sneak you in; just don;t tell as there is a waiting list!

      Delete
  4. Your home is gorgeous - I seriously love everything about it! I need to see more of that green kitchen! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thx!!! I need to shot more pix of the kitchen! I am the worst photog......will work on it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fresh flowers add so much to any room - love getting sneak peeks of your home - it's gorgeous!! The flooding was so scary…

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lions and tigers and bears, oh my! Just went Saturday & got more lovely flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The flowers are so so great! Each one a painting - but the flood - Yowza! Call Noah! Hope you have dried out by now - from the rain, I mean, not the gossip club...;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The flowers are so beautiful, love, love, love! I enjoyed getting a glimpse of your lovely home. Those coral tables are my favorites!

    Jessie
    www.mixandchic.com

    ReplyDelete

Thx for stopping by ~ Come on tawk to me..... let it all out!